Thursday, September 24, 2009

Heritage Day

Today was Heritage Day in South Africa as well as National "Braai" Day. "Braai" is South African for barbeque. And there was no work today! I went for breakfast with my husband, my friend Elena and her little son Christopher and the breakfast went on for almost 4 hours. What a lovely, lovely morning. The cherry on the top was that Elena brought me the latest copy of Where Women Create. Oh what joy!! Elena left to go and curl up with her copy and the hubby and I joined friends of ours for the "braai'. The weather was gorgeous and it was just such a feel good day.
Well back to work tomorrow, so to all of you, have a fabulous Friday.

3 comments:

customteddys said...

I love the magazine "Where Women Create". Sounds like a very nice day off to enjoy your Spring weather. Hugs to you from Vicki

Laura~Pretty Pix said...

Hi Pat,
Glad you had such a fun day. Thanks for telling us foreigners about Heritage Day and Braai Day!
Hugs,
Laura

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Pat,

Sounds like a perfect day for you.
Also to sit down and relax and read your new magazine.

Hugs
Carolyn