Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A new little friend

On Saturday night we had a huge thunder storm, very typical for Johannesburg at this time of the year. I was in the process of completing this little bear but my kitty Jemima was terrified of the lightning and jumped on my lap for comfort so the bear had to be abandoned for a while because kitty cat definitely gets priority, especially when she is afraid. So,, even though he still needs quite a bit of work done and he needs to be "dressed", I have named him Storm. His coat is Schulte mohair and one of the best mohairs I have worked with. It's silky soft and the picture just does not do justice to little Storm. I'm hoping to have him complete very soon but can't seem to find the time because on the 26th of this month Candy, my daughter and my two grandchildren arrive from Australia and there is so, so much to be done before the arrival date. And instead of being able to go through the "to do" list, I just sit and stare into space and get trilliions of butterflies in my tummy - I am more than excited and cannot wait to see them. How on earth am I going to be able to make all the Christmas bears, decorations and gifts that I had planned???

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello my dearest friend!!!

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH...wonderful this new Teddy...

COMPLIMENTS!!!

Your love for Teddy is a BIG like me.

KISSES and live this wonderful moment! ;o). NI

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Pat,

Storm is very sweet.
You will be getting excited, with your family coming to visit.
I say try and relax, as the more you stress, the harder it is to do anything.

Hope your week is going well
Hugs
Carolyn

customteddys said...

I love little Storm. I'm sure he doesn't mind playing second fiddle to a kitty. No teddy bear worth his salt would. I'm excited for you to have your loved ones come to visit. It will be wonderful, whether or not you get all those "tasks" done :) Love from Vicki