Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas 2009

Alas, I have run out of time and have been unable to decorate my home. A few Christmas bears are on display, a lonely little Santa and that's about it. Tonight I have to pack our bags and tomorrow night I need to give all the instructions to Pam who is going to babysit Jemima whilst we are in Australia. And then Friday we fly away to that far, far country - to my family, to have a wonderful, glorious Christmas with them. Oh, the anticipation of wrapping the gifts with Georgia, decorating them, last minute shopping and finally the opening of the gifts on Christmas Day and seeing the joy on the little faces of Georgia and Caleb. The greatest gift of all is being able to see my child again.
This year has ended on a surprisingly positive note for me and I am so grateful for all that 2008 brought me.
Here is my last entry for 2008 ...
"Let us do our duty in our shop or our kitchen,
in the market, the street, the office, the school,
the home, just as faithfully s if we stood in the front rank
of some great battle, and knew that victory for mankind
depended on our bravery, strength, and skill.
When we do that, the humblest of us will be serving
in that great army which achieves the welfare of the world."
- Theodore Parker

No comments: