Thursday, February 5, 2009

For Bianca


I went to bed at 02h00 this morning! I wanted to complete a little bear for Bianca. I had planned to give it to her for Valentine's Day but then decided to make it for her instead of flowers for the operation. However, all my nocturnal efforts did not bring it to life by the morning light. Eddie needs to install the hardware and I need another 2 or 3 hours to do the finishing touches. This was my first bear, not done from a kit. I sourced the pattern and chose the fabric accordingly! Whilst I was sewing Jemima made herself comfortable in my sewing basket and made an absolute nuisance of herself by wacking my hand, the thread, the machine's needle ....... But at least I had company through the night!

10 comments:

Karen said...

She is going to be so thrilled! The bear looks lovely.

Southern Bears said...

It's actually the cutest one so far. So now you know why there were no flowers for her and why I did not go to visit. Was trying so hard to finish Toby. Will finish tonight and give it to her when we get back from the weekend. Eddie did not want to install the hardware last night!!

Hootin Anni said...

Amazing. I made a silver tipped grizzly once, so I know just how much work goes into making a stuffed animal!!!

My Show n Tell is posted now, hope you can drop by. It's going to be a 3-parter so it won't take so long for loading.

FenBeary Folk said...

Hi Patricia, lovely bear, fantastic colour.
As for bear magazines I understand, we seem to have a shrinking market. Here is a link to the suscription page, I think you would need to pay for overseas postage at £27 as well as the £46 for the magazine, pricey and it does say 12 magazines still, so it maybe worth waiting to see if the price changes https://www.ashdown.co.uk/comersus/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=36

If the link does not work their address is www.teddybeartimes.com and just click the subscription tab
I hope this helps
Sue xx

playsdolls said...

That is a very cute bear she will love it.

SmilingSally said...

It'll be a well loved bear when finished. Thanks for sharing. Happy Show and Tell Friday!

Tina said...

Hi Patricia
Thank you so much for visiting my blog.
Your red bear looks great - I love the color.
Tina x

Anonymous said...

How cute!! And the cat is just beautiful in your basket.

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

How happy is she going to be with that bear? VERY HAPPY ! How wonderful to see it coming together and what a cute little companion you had for the night.

Karen Sherrill said...

It looks like it will be a very cute bear! I know what you mean about cats "helping" you sew...LOL

Karen